Today’s pattern is a new crochet market bag, because you can never have too many reusable bags! I’ve had the opportunity to design this as part of a blog hop hosted by Design Create Repeat, which you can check out here: LINKLINKLINK.
The Carlsbad Market Tote is just the right size to hold all your essentials, whether you’re going grocery shopping or hitting the beach! This easy crochet market bag is worked in the round from the bottom up, and features a mix of textured stitches. The pattern uses just one skein of Lion Brand Cupcake DK for a fun striped look without the hassle of color changes!
The free pattern is below, and you can purchase the ad-free printable PDF in my shop here: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/carlsbad-market-tote
For TODAY ONLY, you can use the code “oneskeinwonder” to get the PDF on Ravelry for free!
What you need: (If you make a purchase from one of these links, I will receive a small commission at no cost to you)
– 1 skein of Lion Brand Cupcake DK (the sample uses Flower Patch, if substituting yarn you will need approx. 550 yards of DK weight (CYC-3) yarn) (https://amzn.to/2Y3rjLI)
– Size G/6 (4.25 mm) crochet hook (https://amzn.to/2XTmrxG)
– Tapestry needle (https://amzn.to/2IFM8qB)
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
sl st = slip stitch
bpdc = back post double crochet
xtc = crossed triple crochet
bphdc = back post half double crochet
rep = repeat
st(s) = stitch(es)
– The ch at the beginning of each round does not count as a stitch. The first st of each round is worked into the same st you joined to in the previous round.
– Stitch counts are given in parentheses after each increase round.
– When working post stitches, insert the hook from back to front in the stitch to be worked and from front to back in the next st, then work the stitch as usual. This makes the post sts lay flatter than usual. When working the last post st of a round, insert the hook from back to front in the stitch to be worked and from front to back in the sl st, then work the stitch as usual.
Round 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook, dc 48, dc 5 in last ch. Working up the other side of the ch, dc 48, dc 4 in last ch, sl st in first dc (106 sts)
Round 2: ch 2, dc in same st and in next 50 sts, dc 5 in next st, dc 52, dc 5 in next st, dc 1, sl st in first dc (114 sts)
Round 3: ch 2, bpdc in same st and each st around, sl st in first st
Round 4: ch 2, dc in same st and each st around, sl st in first st
Rounds 5-7: rep rounds 3-4 once, then rep round 3
Round 8: ch 2, xtc, *dc 2, xtc* around, sl st in first st
Round 9: dc 2, *xtc, dc 2* around, sl st in first st
Rounds 10-11: rep rounds 8-9
Round 12-17: rep rounds 4 and 3
Rounds 18-21: rep rounds 8-9
Rounds 22-25: rep rounds 4 and 3
Round 26: rep round 4
Round 27: ch 1, bphdc in same st and each st around, sl st in first st
Round 28: ch 1, bphdc 18, ch 19, skip next 19 sts, bphdc 38, ch 19, skip next 19 sts, bphdc 20, sl st in first st
Round 29: ch 1, bphdc 18, hdc in the back bump of next 19 ch, bphdc 38, hdc in the back bump of next 19 ch, bphdc 20, sl st in first st
Rounds 30-32: rep round 27
Fasten off and weave in all ends.
I hope you enjoyed the pattern, and that you love your finished market bag! If you’re on Instagram, I would love to see your project! You can use #yarnhasmyheart to share your creations, and tag @yarn_has_my_heart in your photos ♥︎